Monday 7 January 2013

Life Drawing - Poses and Movement

Complete Posture


A life drawing sketch which shows different postures of my model. Each drawing of the model took about 4 minutes to be completed, which resulted in the total duration of the sketch to sum up to about 16-20 minutes.
I started off by drawing the margins with a soft pencil, setting up the posture slowly, and afterwards adding detail to the model and making it look more natural. When the posture was finished, I embossed the lines to make the edges a bit rougher in order to limit the space in which the model is located.



Life Drawing : Movement




A sketch done from the directed study coursework. Every individual sketch has been done in about 40-50 seconds, and the movements were drawn in a local pub. I analysed the people that were playing pool, hanging their clothes, or just sitting and standing. For each of the poses, I first drew a quick line that would define the movement/position in which they were in, so that I could build fast the entire sketch without losing the model's position.

No comments:

Post a Comment