Tuesday 13 November 2012

Observational Drawing - Perspective

Sketch - Horton Corridor

 This is one of my perspective drawings for this module, it's a drawing of a hall in Horton building. The horizon line is the small line in the back of the corridor, and it represents the maximum viewpoint available in my sketch. I have used two vanishing points for this sketch, as it's a two-point perspective drawing.

Workflow : Started by drawing my horizon line and setting up my vanishing points, afterwards I started drawing the sustaining pillars, followed by the corridor itself, leaving details as a final touch.

Some of the characteristics of perspective drawing that are revealed within my sketch are :

*The way the objects look smaller in the distance.
*The way the dimension of an object along the line of sight is somehow shorter than the one across the line of sight.












Some drawings I made from the coursework materials, as homework. Two-point perspective homework drawing. Started by setting up my vanishing point, and after that doing the vertical line on the middle of the page, followed by the horizontal lines and finally with the door and window to complete the shape of the room.









Another sketch made from the coursework material, the one-point perspective basic shapes. They were done by using a vanishing point that was located in the middle of the horizon line, and setting up the shapes strictly towards the vanishing point, making them look smaller as they go in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment